Friday, July 29, 2005

Walking

I've become addicted to walking. I walk the dogs, I walk without the dogs, sometimes I listen to music, sometimes I listen to the birds and the tractors. I walk on the roads, I walk on the paths, I walk in the woods, sometimes I walk with Bert, mostly I walk alone. I meet strangers on the road and I say hello. I meet friends and neighbours and I stop for a moment. I walk about four miles a day and I'm one dress size smaller than a month ago. Walking makes me happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Go Nelly! Walking is definitely a good exercise. Much less hardwork than tennis but just as good for ye. You'll need to start thinking about winter walking attire pretty soon tho xx

hannah

Nelly said...

Yes I will. The comfy sandals would lead to frostbite so I'll need proper walking boots and waterproof trousers in size medium. Oh joy!