Saturday, July 16, 2005

Whose House Is It Anyway?

The new house isn't very far away from being habitable but there are still a lot of last minute things need attending to.

Things like:

  • Organising tiles and other floor coverings.
  • Moaning at the kitchen people.
  • Choosing light fittings.
  • Painting & decorating.
  • A bit of new furniture i.e. beds
  • Choosing sanitary ware and other bathroom fittings.

This last few months have been difficult. My father's illness and death concerned me a lot more than picking floor tiles - but somehow we've got most of it arranged. And now with those hard arrived decisions made I am getting people coming in with 'Oh no! I wouldn't do it like that that. I'd do it like this.' Want to know something you people? Get stuffed. You're doing my head in.


For the last time I don't want:

  • A Belfast sink
  • Period light fittings (as if! Bakelite!)
  • Wooden floors throughout
  • A yellow kitchen etc. etc.
I blame those house makeover programmes on telly. You want to play a wee house? Get your own feughing house.

1 comment:

Nelly said...

You betcha!