Sunday, December 25, 2016

The Day Arrives

I have noted some folks posting their Christmas table settings on social media and very lovely they were too. In fact, I was almost tempted to post my own but, instead of that, I will describe it. The tablecloth was the chicken one I bought from the packman, the plates were my best Poole Pottery ones, just the three of them. The cutlery was lifted pell mell from the drawers and left in a bunch, there were no ornaments other than a jar of cranberry sauce. We helped ourselves from the kitchen island, piled our plates with traditional fare, turkey and ham, brussels sprouts, roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips, gravy, stuffing. The peas did not work out but there was no room for them anyway.

It has been a pleasant, stress-free and chilled Christmas, just as it should be.


1 comment:

Deirdre Byrne said...

The peas in our house were also a disaster but as Nick cannot stand this aspect of my traditional Christmas fare it was not a problem here either xxx