Tuesday, September 26, 2017

26th September



Peter landed in yesterday with a huge bucket of grapes from his granny's greenhouse. Haven't weighed them but there must be at least 8 pounds. So checking recipes for grape wine which is, actually, just wine and I've got enough and the method for mashing given in the first recipe I read is treading with the bare feet. So, if this stuff turns out to be drinkable it will be all for me for I'm sure no one is going to want to drink wine that has been trampled by my tootsies. Unless perhaps Jazzer who is game for anything and also likes wine.


2 comments:

Mage said...

Since my Spain family is ferociously private, I can't show you them mashing their grapes by foot. LOL You are not alone. Let us know how it goes.

Nelly said...

It's looking good. There were 14lbs after destalking and picking out dodgy ones and has produced a gallon and half of juice. I washed my feet very thoroughly and it was lovely tramping them. I added a crushed Campden tablet to the mash when I'd finished which is supposed to deal with bacteria and the wrong sort of yeast so that should neutralise the tootsies.