Saturday, April 02, 2005

A Pet Day

It was like a summer's day when I awoke this morning. The dogs and I went for a walk by the river and I took lots of photographs of the spring flowers. The bluebells have started to bloom which seems unusual right at the start of April. I have to take Rosie on the lead for part of the walk as she is likely to bolt off after squirrels or rabbits and not return for ages. I stopped to photograph a patch of wood anemones and when I had finished I turned around to see her collar lying on the path and herself scunged away off. She did come back fairly quickly and there were no more escapes.

Bert's got this new ruse to get them back from their hunting adventures. I don't get his logic although he claims it works. What he does is get the shotgun out and fire it. He reckons this frightens them and encourages them to return to safety. Safety? What's safe about Bert with a shotgun?

But to get back to the riverside walk. Of course there were lots of other people out too and the nice weather made them all extra friendly. Everyone was commenting on the beauty of the day and one man said -

"It won't last. I think it's one of those pet days."
A pet day is one beautiful day in a spell of nasty weather.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent the nice day digging in the garden and putting chicken shit in the patch so I can grow vegetables. Yummy. Love Katy

Nelly said...

Now that is music to my ears. Looking forward to seeing you and your beloved at the end of the month.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to read about Gillian and everyone. Say "Hello" for me. She was probably right about the marriage never lasting but I can't agree with her reason. Scored 45 on the normality quiz. Slightly more nomal than then, but slightly less normal than Katy.
Mick.

Nelly said...

Sweet of you to say so and I have to say I'm inclined to agree. I just said to Bert he should get himself over to Newcastle to slap that skitter that's annoying our Hannah. Do you know what he said? "Mick's closer."